Home BIG Story Britain Now Wants To Stay In The European Union

Britain Now Wants To Stay In The European Union

British voters would vote 59-41 to stay in the European Union.

The new polling exhibited 59% of voters would now vote to remain in the EU, contrasted with 41% who would choose to leave.

Surprising: Britain Now Wants To Stay In The European Union
Surprising: Britain Now Wants To Stay In The European Union

According to a new opinion poll, British people would choose to stay in the European Union if given the option.

The poll says, British voters would vote 59-41 to stay in the European Union.

In the 2016 referendum, 51.9% of voters or 17.4 million cast supported leaving the EU while 48.1% of votes or 16.1 million cast supported staying.

The new polling exhibited 59% of voters would now vote to remain in the EU, contrasted with 41% who would choose to leave.

The poll verdicts were published in an academic-led report by research bodies NatCen and The UK in a Changing Europe.

On 29 March 2017, the UK government invoked Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union.

Britain is due to leave the European Union on 29th of March, 2019 when the period for negotiating a withdrawal agreement will end unless an extension is agreed.