“You remember Narendra Modi’s Make in India programme to generate employment? HOW MANY got jobs?, he asked the crowd.
“Today, the Make in India programme is replaced by ‘Rape in India’”, said Gandhi.
Reacting to Gandhi’s controversial comments, Union Cabinet Minister Smriti Irani on 13th December in Lok Sabha said, “For the First Time In History of India, a senior leader has made a political mockery out of a heinous crime like rape.”
“I am extremely disheartened that even on issues of crimes against Women you can’t rise above party lines,” the minister said.
He also said that “equating Make in India to rape is hurtful. People who make such remarks have no moral right to be member of this House.”
Rahul Gandhi wrote on his Twitter page, “Modi should apologise.
- For Burning the North East.
- For destroying India’s Economy.
- For this speech, a clip of which I’m attaching.”
Modi should apologise.— Rahul Gandhi (@RahulGandhi) December 13, 2019
1. For burning the North East.
2. For destroying India’s economy.
3. For this speech, a clip of which I'm attaching. pic.twitter.com/KgPU8dpmrE