YSR Congress party chief YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has reportedly emerged as the first politician in India to undertake a foot march over 3,400 km in modern times.
With this tour, Mr. Jagan has reportedly emerged as the first politician in India to undertake a foot march over 3,400 km in modern times.
The opposition leader had walked over 3,400 kilometres in span of 341 days and concluded the Yatra on Wednesday at Ichchapuram in Srikakulam district.
YS Jagan embarked on the foot march on 6th of November, 2017, from Idupalapaya in Kadapa district, and walked over 3,400 kilometres through 13 districts of Andhra Pradesh in 341 days.
With this yatra, Mr. Jagan surpassed his father YS Rajasekhar Reddy’s record (1,500 km) which helped him to form the government in 2004 elections.
The key promises Mr. Jagan made to the public.
1. Forming village secretariats to ensure grass-root clarification of government Initiatives and giving the jobs to at least 10 of the Village youth in the Secretariat.
2. Providing assistance worth Rs. 12,500 to each farmer’s family.
3. Giving Farmers free 9-hours electricity during the day
4. Providing zero interest farm loans, free bore-wells and crop insurance with a national calamity relief fund of Rs 4,000 crore.
5. Building cold storage units and Food Processing units in all the constituencies.
6. Providing farmers insurance coverage worth Rs. 5 lakh.
7. Completing irrigation projects on time.