Dr. Prasad Thotakura, Founder President of the Akkineni Foundation of America (AFA) has announced that AFA is hosting the second annual “Akkineni International Awards Gala” on 20th December at Film Nagar Club in Hyderabad. Honorable Governor of Tamil Nadu K. Rosaiah will grace the event as Chief Guest.
The main mission of AFA is to inspire youth with the great qualities of Dadasaheb Phalke Award winner, Padma Vibhushan Dr. Akkineni Nageswara Rao and also to felicitate stalwarts from different fields for their invaluable services to the society.
For year 2015, AFA will be conferring ‘Akkineni International Awards’ to 9 stalwarts from different fields.
- ‘Lifetime Achievement’ – Super Star, Nata Sekhara Krishna ( Legend Hero & Producer)
- ‘Vishishta Vyapara Ratna’ (Outstanding entrepreneur) – Sri. AVR Chowdary (G & C Global)
- ‘Cine Ratna’ – Sri. Kaikala Satyanarayana (Versatile Actor)
- ‘Rangasthala Ratana’ – Sri. Karnati Lakshminarasayya (92 years, Senior Prajanatudu)
- ‘Vidya Ratna’ – Sri. Chukka Ramaiah (IIT Ramaiah)
- ‘Viadya Ratna’ – Dr. Gulla Suryaprakash (Prominent Cardiologist, Director at Care)
- ‘Seva Ratna’ – – Dr. Sunitha Krishnan (Prajwala organization, fighting for anti Sex Trafficking)
- ‘Yuva Ratna’ – Kumari. Poorna Malavath (Scaled Everest at the tender age of 13)
- ‘Cheneta Kalaratna’ – Sri. Nalla Vijay (Woven a silk saree that can fit in a match box)
AFA is also honoring yesteryear actresses Smt. Krishnveni, Smt. Jamuna, Smt. Vijaya Nirmala, Smt. Jayasudha and Smt. Jayaprada with ‘Akkineni Golden Heroines’ awards.
In this regard, AFA is also conducting a Short Film Competition which gives a chance for young filmmakers to win Rs. 1,00,000. With “Social challenges affecting the youth and possible solutions” as theme, the maximum six minute long short film can be either in Telugu or in English. Tanikella Bharani will Chair the Jury along with members Sekhar Kammula, L.B. Sri Ram, Avasarala Srinivas and Praveen Sattaru.